The insiders' edge for 40 Act industry executives!
an InvestmentWires' Publication
Tuesday, April 16, 2013|
Boston Fundsters Respond to Marathon Attack
After the horrific bombing attacks at the Boston marathon, area mutual fund firms are doing all the can to make sure everyone is alright.
So far, MFWire has heard from four fund firms.
A spokesperson at MFS directed us to this comment, which was posted on their website:
Statement on the Boston Marathon tragedy MFS is shocked and saddened by the events that occurred today at the end of the Boston Marathon. We have accounted for all of our people who were working in the building and are grateful for their safety. Because Monday was a scheduled Work from Home day exercise the number of employees who were in the office was minimized; our building and our business were not affected. We are monitoring the progress of the police investigation and communicating with our employees to ensure they are safe and reassured. The office will be open again on Tuesday but employees will have the option to work from home again or at our business recovery facility in Marlborough, MA, as the investigation continues.
A spokesperson for Natixis said everyone at her company was safe and accounted for. The company later issued this statement:
Our thoughts and prayers are with those who have been affected by this senseless tragedy. We believe all of our Natixis Global Asset Management staff have been safely accounted for. We are open for business on Tuesday, but our offices at 399 Boylston Street are closed. Boylston Street employees are working from home and other remote disaster recovery sites on Tuesday.
A Fidelity spokesperson said that no employees were harmed and no property was damaged.
Also, all were "healthy and accounted for" at Direxion.
According to the Wall Street Journal, a number of firms are accounting for their people and letting them work from home today, including MFS, State Street, and BlackRock.
For many Canadian-owned businesses, like Sun Life Financial's MFS, and Manulife's John Hancock, it's been a tough waiting game, according to the Globe & Mail.
John Hancock has been the lead sponsor of the marathon, for the past 28-years, including this race. According to the Globe & Mail, Hancock has been based in Boston since it was founded in April of 1862 and has a head office about 10 minutes drive away. More than 100 Hancock and Manulife employees ran in last year's race, as well as hundreds of others sponsored by the company.
RIABiz reporter Kelly O'Mara was at the Marathon and penned a first-hand account.
In the wake of the attack, Boston fund firms are looking at the possibility of greater security, according to Pensions & Investments.
Printed from: MFWire.com/story.asp?s=43606
Copyright 2013, InvestmentWires, Inc.
All Rights Reserved