MutualFundWire.com: What Women Want From You: Krawcheck Explains
The insiders' edge for 40 Act industry executives!
an InvestmentWires' Publication
Thursday, June 25, 2015
What Women Want From You: Krawcheck Explains
Sallie Krawcheck has a five-part prescription for getting more financially engaged.
Krawcheck, the former BofA Merrill and Citigroup Smith Barney wealth management bigwig who now chairs Ellevate, delivered the luncheon keynote speech today at the 2015 Morningstar Investment Conference at Chicago's giant McCormick Place convention center. Krawcheck framed her remarks in the context of the U.S. retirement savings crisis and its disproportionate impact on women. And she offered lots of statistics about what women want, and don't want, from financial services.
| Sallie Krawcheck
photo credit: Jim Tweedie, Wyckoff-Tweedie Photography
Here are the five ways that Krawcheck says that the wealth management industry can increase the financial engagement of women.
Krawcheck left after the speech without taking questions.
- Talk to women, not at them, and avoid too much industry jargon.
- Focus on risk, as "the majority of affluent women have bag-lady syndrome" and are scared of losing it all.
- Give them a holistic view; don't just look at their securities investments.
- Make planning goals-based, instead of talking about beating the index or certain metrics.
- Offer "values-based investing", otherwise known as ESG or SRI.
Printed from: MFWire.com/story.asp?s=52091
Copyright 2015, InvestmentWires, Inc.
All Rights Reserved