The insiders' edge for 40 Act industry executives!
an InvestmentWires' Publication
Wednesday, June 01, 2011|
Which TIPS Funds Are Rolling in 401k Dough?
Defined contribution investment-only players with TIPS (Treasury Inflation Protected Securities) offerings may want to look at the latest list released by BrightScope. Today the San Diego-based data specialist proclaimed the top ten TIPS mutual funds inside of 401(k) plans, in terms of assets. Funds from Pimco [see profile], TIAA-CREF [see profile] and Vanguard [see profile] came out on top.
The list follows a similar one BrightScope released last month on the top commodities funds inside 401(k)s (see coverage from The MFWire.com's sister publication, The 401kWire). Yet the asset levels in question are different -- all of the 100-plus commodities funds BrightScope examined boasted a combined $1.6 billion or so inside 401(k)s, while the top TIPS fund, Pimco Real Return, boasted $2.5 billion alone at the end of 2009, and the next two had $2.1 billion each.
"It's part of the whole trend of looking for non-correlated asset classes," BrightScope CEO Mike Alfred said, commenting on the popularity of TIPS funds.
The funds are:
1) Pimco Real Return;
2) TIAA-CREF Inflation-Linked Bond;
3) Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities;
4) SSgA Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities Index [see profile];
5) BlackRock US TIPS [see profile];
6) Fidelity Inflation-Protected Bond [see profile];
7) American Century Inflation-Adjusted Bond [see profile];
8) SSgA Government TIPS Bond Fund;
9) Western Asset Inflation Indexed Plus Bond [see profile];
10) American Beacon Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities [see profile].
Printed from: MFWire.com/story.asp?s=36943
Copyright 2011, InvestmentWires, Inc.
All Rights Reserved