The insiders' edge for 40 Act industry executives!
an InvestmentWires' Publication
Friday, August 07, 2015|
Who Rakes In the Most Flows Per Fund? The Answer Won't Surprise You
Even from a different angle, Vanguard [profile] is kicking mutual fund distribution ass and taking names.
The folks at Morningstar pulled together data for MFWire on net mutual fund flows for the 100 largest mutual fund families in the first six months of 2015. The twist was simple: we wanted to know how many different funds (not counting different share classes of the same funds) each shop has, and what the average net flows per fund was for each family.
Here are the top 10 fund firms in terms of net inflows per fund (open-end mutual funds and ETFs only) in the first half of 2015:
1) Vanguard, $137 million per fund (133 funds);
2) PrimeCap Odyssey Funds [profile], $61.4 million per fund (3 funds);
3) Schwab's [profile] ETFs, $56.7 million per fund (21 funds);
4) Dodge & Cox [profile], $42.3 million per fund (6 funds);
5) TCW's MetWest [profile], $35.0 million per fund (9 funds);
6) DoubleLine [profile], $34.4 million per fund (13 funds);
7) Harris Associates' Oakmark [profile], $29.1 million per fund (7 funds);
8) Edward Jones' Bridge Builder, $26.3 million per fund (5 funds);
9) J.P. Morgan [profile], $25.8 million per fund (102 funds); and
10) Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management [profile], $24.1 million per fund (24 funds).
By comparison, here's a list of the top 10 fund firms by total net inflows in the first half of 2015. Only three fund firms are on both lists:
1) Vanguard, $18.2 billion;
2) BlackRock [profile], $6.39 billion;
3) J.P. Morgan, $2.63 billion;
4) Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA [profile]), $1.76 billion;
5) Schwab's ETFs, $1.19 billion;
6) WisdomTree [profile], $1.09 billion;
7) Invesco's PowerShares [profile], $988 million;
8) Jackson National [profile], $952 million;
First Trust [profile], $803 million; and
10) John Hancock [profile], $736 million.
Printed from: MFWire.com/story.asp?s=52374
Copyright 2015, InvestmentWires, Inc.
All Rights Reserved