Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Turner Names 20 New Principals
News summary by MFWire's editors
, who joined Turner Investment Partners last fall as senior managing director of North American sales, is one of the newly named principals at the company. The 20 new principals are among the 86 employees who own shares at Turner.
Berwyn, Pennsylvania-based Turner has a total of 114 employees.
BERWYN, Pa., January 9, 2009 -- With the latest appointment of 20 new principals, 75% of the employees at Turner Investment Partners hold equity ownership in the investment firm.
The 20 new principals are among the 86 employees who have shares in the Berwyn, Pennsylvania-based firm, which employs 114 people, was founded in 1990, and manages core, growth, long/short, quantitative, and value investments in stocks for institutions and individuals. The firm is employee-owned.
The principalships serve to reward employees who have helped the firm to grow and succeed in serving clients. Notes Bob Turner, founder, chairman, and chief investment officer of the firm: "Our practice of spreading equity ownership widely throughout the firm is a way to recognize staff members for putting clients first, for serving clients well in terms of investment performance and service. The people who are named principals share our firm's values, are team players, and do more than is required."
Named principals were the following employees:
* Robert F. Amweg, 55, chief accounting officer, and a resident of Yardley, Pennsylvania. He earned a bachelorís degree from Susquehanna University in 1975, a masterís degree in finance and statistics from Montclair State University in 1979, and an MBA degree from Fordham University in 1982. He joined Turner in 2007.
* Andrew P. Bauer, 33, director, client service, who lives in Wayne, Pennsylvania. He joined the firm in 2008. A holder of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, he received a bachelorís degree from the University of Maryland in 1997 and a masterís degree in finance from San Diego State University in 2002.
* Jennifer C. Boden, 27, quantitative analyst/portfolio manager. A resident of Philadelphia, she joined the firm in 2006. She is a 2003 graduate of The Pennsylvania State University.
* Meghan E. Chmura, 31, marketing associate. She lives in Berwyn, Pennsylvania. She graduated from Saint Josephís University in 1999 and joined Turner in 2006.
* John Finnegan, 42, director, client service. He lives in Exton, Pennsylvania, and joined the firm in 2006. He earned a bachelorís degree at LaSalle University in 1988 and an MBA degree at Saint Josephís University in 1996.
* Kathleen M. Furgiuele, 47, senior equity trader, and a resident of Newtown, Pennsylvania. She attended The Pennsylvania State University and joined Turner in 2005.
* Matthew Glaser, 43, director of alternative strategies. He lives in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, and joined Turner in 2007. He received a bachelorís degree from Wesleyan University in 1987 and an MBA degree from Columbia University in 1995.
* Lisa M. Herzog, 31, manager, client service. A resident of Audubon, Pennsylvania, she came to Turner in 2006. She is a 1999 graduate of West Chester University.
* Edward D. Kerpius III, 46, senior managing director, North American sales. He lives in Wayne, Pennsylvania, and joined Turner in 2008. He earned a bachelorís degree in 1985 and an MBA degree in 1987 at Villanova University.
* Timothy Leonard, 38, marketing associate, and a resident of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. He received a bachelorís degree from Eastern University in 2001 and joined Turner in 2005.
* Stephen C. Mazza, 29, operations coordinator. He lives in Paoli, Pennsylvania, and joined Turner in 2005. He attended Montgomery County Community College.
* Bradley D. Meeker, 39, director, client service. He earned a bachelorís degree at the University of Richmond in 1991 and an MBA degree at the University of Delaware in 1999. He is a resident of Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, and began work at Turner in 2008.
* James Piede, 45, information technology administrator, who joined Turner in 2005. He is a resident of Pottstown, Pennsylvania, and a 1986 graduate of Drexel University.
* Christopher R. Reece, 37, director, client service. A CFA charterholder, he lives in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, and received a bachelorís degree from Drexel University in 1995 and an MBA degree at Villanova University in 2008. He joined Turner in 2007.
* Jeffrey A. Riggs, 36, quantitative analyst. He earned a bachelorís degree at Western Michigan University in 1997 and an MBA degree at LaSalle University in 2006. He is a resident of Downingtown, Pennsylvania, and began at Turner in 2006.
* Edward Sansalone, 29, trading administrator. He graduated from Philadelphia University in 2001 and joined Turner in 2005. He lives in Pottstown, Pennsylvania.
* William H. Speacht, 38, senior compliance officer. He earned a bachelorís degree at Kutztown University in 1993. He started working at Turner in 2006 and is a resident of West Chester, Pennsylvania.
* Timothy L. Sullivan, 50, director, private client group. He joined Turner in 2007 and lives in Redlands, California. He graduated from California State University at Fresno in 1981.
* Delores I. Surprenant, 56, associate, employment services. A resident of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, she has been employed at Turner since 2005. She earned a bachelorís degree at Shippensburg University in 1974 and a masterís degree in microbiology at Rutgers University in 1984.
* Peter Yarrow, 48, managing director, distribution. He has been with Turner since 2007. He received a masterís degree at Cambridge University in 1982 and an MBA degree at Cranfield Business School in 1992. He lives in Furneaux Pelham, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom.
Armie Margaret Lee
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now
Do You Recommend This Story?