The MFWire
Manage Email Alerts | Sponsorships | About MFWire | Who We Are

Subscribe to MFWire.com's News Alerts [click]

Rating:Pru Pulls a $1.3 Billion Subadvisory Gig from Pimco Not Rated 0.0 Email Routing List Email & Route  Print Print
Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pru Pulls a $1.3 Billion Subadvisory Gig from Pimco

Reported by Sean Hanna, Editor in Chief

Come September JP Morgan Investment Management will be replacing Pimco on a $1.3 billion subadvisory mandate with Prudential Investments [see profile]. The mandate covers the AST High Yield Portfolio that is used as part of the Newark, New Jersey-based insurer's variable annuity product line. [SEC filing]

Prudential did not provide an explanation for the change. However, the portfolio has underperformed its peer group, according to Morningstar data, and it carries just a two-star rating. Prudential acquired the AST trust when it purchased American Skandia.

The Pimco PM handling the fund is EVP Andrew Jessop, who signed on at Pimco from Goldman Sachs Asset Management in 2009. Jessop was the co-head of GSAM's high yield group before making the move.

J.P. Morgan Investment Management and Prudential Investment Management are set to take over the mandate on September 13, 2010. Prudential will run 60 percent of the portfolio (roughly $780 million) while JP Morgan will take over the remaining 40 percent (about $520 million). 

Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now

 Do You Recommend This Story?

Return to Top
 News Archives
2021: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2020: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2019: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2018: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2017: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2016: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2015: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2014: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2013: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2012: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2011: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2010: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2009: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2008: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2007: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2006: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2005: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2004: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2003: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2002: Q4Q3Q2Q1
 Subscribe via RSS:
Add to My Yahoo!
follow us in feedly

©All rights reserved to InvestmentWires, Inc. 1997-2021
14 Wall Street | 20th Floor | New York, NY 10005 | P: 212-331-8968 | F: 212-331-8998
Privacy Policy :: Terms of Use