22 High Street |
Huntington, NY 11743
Main Phone: 866-447-4228
Mutual Fund Brand(s)
SEC Fund Filings by CIK
On September 9, 2015, Catalyst Funds unveiled a pair of acquisitions. First, it bought 10 alternative money market mutual funds from TCG Financial Services while keeping TCG on as a research and administrative services provider. And second, Catalyst signed a deal to buy Huntington Asset Advisors [profile] from Huntington bank. That deal would bring five mutual funds, two variable annuities, and two ETFs to Catalyst and is slated to close in December 2015.
Catalyst Value, launched on July 31, 2006, was the top performing small cap growth fund for 2009's fourth quarter.
Catalyst is a value investment shop. As portfolio manager David Miller told Barron's in January 2010, "We invest in companies that have a little hair on them, problems obscuring their sound underlying fundamentals."
Acquisition of Roanoke Fund
Catalyst acquired the Roanoke Small Cap Growth Fund on March 30, 2009. The net assets of the Roanoke Fund were merged into the Catalyst Value Fund. At that time the Catalyst Value Fund also launched its Class I Institutional Shares.
The firm sponsors nine, load-based mutual funds, including:
- Catalyst Event Arbitrage Fund
- Catalyst Hedge Futures Strategy Fund
- Catalyst Insider Buying Fund
- Catalyst Insider Long/Short Fund
- Catalyst Strategic Insider Fund
- Catalyst/CP Core Equity Fund
- Catalyst/Groesbeck Growth of Income Fund
- Catalyst/Lyons Tactical Allocation Fund
- Catalyst/MAP Global Capital Appreciation Fund
- Catalyst/MAP Global Total Return Income Fund
- Catalyst/Princeton Floating Rate Income Fund
- Catalyst/SMH High Income Fund
- Catalyst/SMH Total Return Income Fund
Catalyst now has a sibling with historically no-load distribution. In April 2011, Catalyst founder and CEO Jerry Szilagyi took over Vice Fund advisor USA Mutuals [see profile] as president and CEO. Szilagyi continues to lead both Catalyst and USA Mutuals.
"They are two separate legal entities," Szilagyi told MFWire.com in June 2011, "and there are no plans to combine them at all."
CEO & CCO, Catalyst Capital Advisors