Defined contribution investment-only players with TIPS (Treasury Inflation Protected Securities) offerings may want to look at the latest list released by BrightScope
. Today the San Diego-based data specialist proclaimed the top ten TIPS mutual funds inside of 401(k) plans, in terms of assets. Funds from Pimco [see profile]
, TIAA-CREF [see profile]
and Vanguard [see profile]
came out on top.
The list follows a similar one BrightScope released last month on the top commodities funds inside 401(k)s (see coverage from The MFWire.com's sister publication, The 401kWire
). Yet the asset levels in question are different -- all of the 100-plus commodities funds BrightScope examined boasted a combined $1.6 billion or so inside 401(k)s, while the top TIPS fund, Pimco Real Return
, boasted $2.5 billion alone at the end of 2009, and the next two had $2.1 billion each.
"It's part of the whole trend of looking for non-correlated asset classes," BrightScope CEO Mike Alfred
said, commenting on the popularity of TIPS funds.
The funds are:
1) Pimco Real Return;
2) TIAA-CREF Inflation-Linked Bond
3) Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities
4) SSgA Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities Index [see profile]
5) BlackRock US TIPS [see profile]
6) Fidelity Inflation-Protected Bond [see profile]
7) American Century Inflation-Adjusted Bond [see profile]
8) SSgA Government TIPS Bond Fund
9) Western Asset Inflation Indexed Plus Bond [see profile]
10) American Beacon Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities [see profile]
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now